Monday, January 26, 2009

The Shack


When was the last time you read a good book??? It's been a few months for me....remember The Lucky One? Anyway, I decided it was time to get another book something to help pull me away from the tv and yes...the computer....and the parenting magazines....you get the picture...something for "me" with a bit of education/mental stimulation. So...what did I choose???? Well, I've heard all the hype about several different books...and it was a HARD decision at the store today...Jodi Picoult? James Patterson? Emily Giffin??? but opted for THE SHACK by Wm "Willie" YOUNG. Have you heard of it??? It sounds very INTRIGUING...so I'll get back with you. Check it out at http://theshackbook.com/


So do something for you....read a book, take a bubble bath, have a cup of hot jo....whatever it is that will create some "me" time. It's apart of the FIT, FIERCE, and FABULOUS plan.
But DON'T forget to get your sweat on...that's a MUST!!!!

How's the sweating going?





post signature

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Great timing for a book, eh? This weather...ugh. I guess I'll have to start reading The SHack along with ya. Got it after Christmas and I'm still on the Prologue (sp?). I'll try and get into it further tomorrow so we can chat about it. Good call on Emily Giffin too--LOVE her books. Another writer very similar to her style is Jane Green. I have TONS of her books if you ever want to borrow--they are all page turners.

Stephanie Duncan said...

I was on my way on Friday, when Carson threw up in the car. He was sick all weekend. Hubby and I have been down and out with it today. I just haven't gotten around to filling out the sheet. I'm going to take a look at it again tomorrow. Hope to be back in class soon.

Knitty Bitty Apparel said...

Hey there! I still have a book from this spring I haven't gotten too---wish I could start on it today with all this yucky weather and the kids are now in bed, my hat orders are ALL caught up, feeling much better with the start of my antiobiotic after a week long battle, and now, I'm finally going to start packing YUCK!!! Where do you begin to put 8 1/2 years of stuff into boxes??? I guess I'll start on the bookshelves ;-) Talk to you soon! V

Liz said...

Hi Roxy! Thanks for adding my button to your site. :)
Let's see...I just started reading the Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer. I am not really into that sort of Vampire stuff...until now. WOW! I love them so far. I am on the second of the four and can't seem to put it down. I also joined our community center 2 weeks ago and workout for at least an hour a night on the treadmill. I have been reading while walking at a 4.0 mile pace and 5% incline. The book really helps me keep up without really thinking about it.

I also contacted your friend Stacey at Knitty Bitty Apparel. Thanks for the tip!

Have a great weekend!
Liz
www.AGiveawayADay.blogspot.com