Tuesday, July 29, 2008

TRANSFORMATION!!!

This past FRIDAY, SATURDAY, and SUNDAY were the most difficult days that I think I've faced in my life...well at least for a LONG time. It made childbirth look like FUN? So what was this craziness???
BODYPUMP TRAINING!
Yes, I decided to push myself to the next level of fitness and become a BODYPUMP INSTRUCTOR.
Check it out www.lesmills.com

What is BODYPUMP? It is the original barbell workout that STRENGTHENS YOUR ENTIRE BODY! It's a 60 minute program that challenges EVERY major muscle group by using the BEST WEIGHT-ROOM EXERCISES set to awesome choreography with amazing music!
The motto of BODYPUMP INSTRUCTORS " we are WARRIORS in the battle against sedentary lifestyle and obesity". That just strikes a cord with my heart...maybe it's the dietitian in me.

Over this past week-end I challenged both my mind and body to GO WERE IT'S NEVER BEEN and BACK!! What a TRANSFORMATION and sense of renewal for my SPIRIT!! To know that YES YOU CAN DO IT is all inspiring!!! SO...come along with me on this journey...I've got my "driver's permit" to teach these classes, and it will take me a few months before I can "submit" my video ofme teaching an ENTIRE class to be "judged".
Yes...I have to PASS a FINAL to become and "official" INSTRUCTOR...which requires me to have 100% knowledge of the choreography of a one hour class, cue appropriately, coach effectively, have perfect technique, and use "instructor" weight! WOW...sound like FUN! It will be.

So GET UP AND MOVE!! Start small if you've let exercise go for awhile...and just walk...build up! As long as you BELIEVE YOU CAN ...YOU CAN! Check " I Can't at the door", and JUST DO IT! I'll be here to push, pull, or coax you along!!

CHANGE YOUR LIFE AND MOVE IT! IF NOT FOR YOU THEN YOUR LITTLE ONES!!
Roxy

3 comments:

Knitty Bitty Apparel said...

YOU are AWESOME!!!

steph said...

i second knitty bitty! really, you are an inspiration to us all!!! we can only strive to be as buff as you! i'm up for a good challenge...however, i'll warn you that i will need some serious patients!!! i'm weak when it comes to weight training!

Suzanne said...

You rock Roxy!!!!!!!!! I thought about joining you but with Drew's preschool on T/W/TH at 9 I would miss half the class. You will just have to push me even harder at Mommy and Me. :)